Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Studio Visitors


Recently we had scheduled studio visits with curator Emi Fontana, from the West of Rome project. After her wonderful lecture I rushed back to my studio space to prepare for our meeting. I realized that I had a special guest coming to visit, and that I should really provide some hospitality in the form of food, as a token of appreciation. This required a quick trip to the store to purchase some Pellegrino, strawberries and pistachios.

If I have learned anything in Public Practice it is always have food around, as it inspires a communal feel. Breaking bread with someone is still a primal tradition that I think is a part of our psyche. So for this reason, and I am sure there are more, always provide food for your guests or project participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment