Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Failures.

On Tuesday night I had one of my first failures. Keeping in mind that this is a productive part of the process, I have to mention it. During the last Production Studio class we were getting ready to present our organizations of interest. I was feeling ready having done my sketches, made notes and talked to one of the communities. But the problem was that I wasn't prepared with what my professor wanted, which was just the facts about the organizations/communities. I had gotten ahead of myself and over looked the simplest of tasks.

While it had been a big embarrassing mess for me in front of the class, I woke up the next day ready to find answers the questions I didn't know. I called and talked with my organization I was most interested in: District 13's Neighborhood Council of East Hollywood. Much to my surprise there was interest in my ideas, and the VP of the council was interested to get involved.

So lesson learned: when you fall down, just get back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment