Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Figuring it Out.

After my botched presentation I started questioning why I had even picked these communities, and asking my self if I really felt a personal connection to these communities. In talking about my presentation failures with Suzanne, I came across some clearer answers as to why these communities were of interest to me. In trying to identify a personal issue that was important to me I kept thinking that I was hiding from a personal cause I cared about: health care. In actuality I had gone straight to the source in an equally personal issue: home and homelessness.

I also noticed that I was speaking with a lot of 'should's' in questioning myself; a sure sign that I'm trying to live up to someone else's expectations other than my own. Suzanne did have a good point that this program is a good environment to explore issues you wouldn't otherwise. In approaching my chosen community, I'm going to keep that in mind, but also trust myself with my choices.

Every day I learn so much more about this field and myself. Such a rewarding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment